Getting started with the v3.0 beta
It’s been a long road, but here we are. Now, we’d love to get your feedback. You can get started with the v3.0 right here. But first, a bit of context.
With this new Snipcart version, we aim to achieve three goals:
- Offer next level checkout & cart template customization.
- Let developers work with the stack of their choice, without compromise.
- Create the most kickass e-commerce development UX on the market.
To get there, we had to rethink many things, including:
- Improving the way the cart can be customized.
- Rewriting our payment service to better accommodate a myriad of payment gateways and methods.
- Automating our documentation generation as much as possible to prevent errors & outdated information.
Plus, we’re proud to offer a newly designed, optimized default checkout flow:
Now it's your turn to get started. We’ve created a GitHub repo to harvest feedback and bugs from our beta testers. Simply create an issue right here!
Note that the v3.0 only runs with Stripe as a payment gateway, for the moment. The Snipcart account used to test will need to be linked to Stripe even if you are in Test mode.
We still have a few things to work on during the beta:
- Customer dashboard implementation
- Other payment gateways integration
- Inventory management
- Documentation polish